Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Game in the making

I made a game, well, part of it. It's just a test though. It's for my assignment. A driving game. Haven't done a detailed version yet. As I said, THIS IS JUST A TEST. I had some discussions with Marwan, and he suggested that I add drag, which I did. This added some realism to it, however it still behaves wierd for some reason.

you can get the .exe HERE

you have to unzip the file and double click CP2060_asmt.exe. The glut32.dll file MUST be in the same directory.

The car is represented by the yellow box. Kind of confusing because you don't know which direction is forward. When the program starts, the car is pointing towards you, along the z axis. Therefore if you accelerate it will come towards you. You'll get used to it. The red, green and blue line represents the origin, 0,0,0, and is used as a guide. I will post more of my work later on as progress is made. If you have any suggestions(like Marwan), buzz me.

You can move the car around using the following controls:
[esc] - quit
[up arrow] - accelerate
[down arrow] - reverse
[left arrow] - turn left
[right arrow] - turn right
[space bar] - brake

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home